Friday, October 06, 2006

Currently Listening
How To Save A Life
By The Fray
see related
"You're beginning to wonder about the time you said you kissed the moon.
You were five and you had curls that were so thick they never fell beneath your shoulders. Your mother said you were a brunette Shirley Temple who loved to dress more like Annie than the actual little actress that everyone loved. You loved the more ragged things that most girls stuffed in their closets. Now, as I look at you, your simpleness and ordinariness have peeled a layer back off of the word beauty and I'm seeing all of what makes the sun rise in the morning."

Dude, I like words. You can do many things with them. My friend Mark Lewis today was telling me that English majors use too many words to describe something simple, and I know he was joking, but man... They give so much meaning and they're so powerful. But the power is with many words. A Word itself does not contain any meaning except if it is accompanied by other words. Pretty vs. the description above about what makes her pretty.

Alright. More to come later.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

word