Friday, January 26, 2007

Divine Madness

Plato once said that the nature of a poet is some sort of Divine Madness. That when the poet does what he does, he's possessed by a muse who inspires him to create with its Divine Madness. That's one of the things that stood out to me when I took Lit Crit, and I really like it. As creepy as it sounds, I like it.

Watching Homer Hiccolm is like a religious experience for me. Those guys really love what they do, and because of that, watching them make music is incredible.

Thank God for the artist.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Matt, as I walked through the Dallas Museum of Art, in December and peered into all the paintings, I kept thinking about the lives of these artists as we know of them..such tortured souls but out of which such a beautiful picture..it is truly powerful.
I have never heard Homer Hic. I need to go have a listen.

Laurie said...

Amen, brother.

Anna Peters said...

Homer Hic....have yet to experience that ACU delicacy! Heard they were da' bomb though. Let me know when they perform again