Well it's the end of the semester.
I'm feeling like I've just gotten out of a poool after wearing really thick winter clothing like a sweater or an overcoat or something. I'm not entirely sure why either. I'm done with finals, I'm done with work. I know that when I go home, I won't be working because I don't have a job in San Antonio anymore. All the while, I still feel like I have irons around my rib cage and shoulder blades just pulling me down.
It is moments like this where I wish that I really were Superman, that gravity and anything else wouldn't really affect me. Instead I could just rise above whatever was troubling me and breathe in the atmosphere for a moment. Perhaps while I was growing up, this is what I liked the most about the idea of being a Superhero. I liked thinking that sometimes at night when I was tired from saving the world for so long, that I could take a break and float with my eyes closed until the brush of some solar wind came across my neck and the rays from our sun began to rub against my skin. Too, I liked the idea that while I was up there, I could look down on the world and see what was really wrong or maybe I could listen just a bit closer to the cries of those who felt like I did.
Sometimes I wish that I were a Superhero. For now, I think I'll just be good to my friends and family cause that's the best that I can do. I miss home and I'm really glad I'm going there tomorrow. I'll get to see my mom and my brothers and of course, I'll get to see my niece who calls me all the time and just happens to make my day. I'm not looking forward to the drive, just being there.
Peace.
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment